Top 7 Technical Writing Courses in India With Placements
Well, this question “what is technical writing” is lying with many curious beings who love to explore technical writing courses in India. As humans, it is quite common to assume something based on rumors and back away from pursuing one’s passion. Many amateur writers who have heard false statements about the technical writing field do not learn the basics of the stream and end up with mediocre salaries and skills. This article is to let such professionals know that technical writing is a realm with huge learning and earning opportunities. Today, we will cover some of the basics of the field and details about technical writing courses in India to help you aim higher.
Technical Writing? What Is It?
The word technical gives you the answer. Any writing that is done using technical words is technical writing. It is a form of communication that allows experts to share information with the readers about a special topic. A technical writer has the responsibility to create content to explain technical concepts related to any field such as computer applications, medical procedures, and environmental regulations.
The assigned individuals may also have the task to write articles to provide instructions regarding a given topic. Some industries that depend on technical writers are
- Computer hardware and software
- Medical and healthcare
- Consumer electronics
The chosen candidate would be writing for a given industry to let the target audience relate to the posted content. The writing will be done in a language that showcases the expertise of the conveyor. In simple words, appropriate technical terms will be included in the content to encourage people from the same field to read and relate.
Sometimes, the general audience is the target, so the language used is simple to understand. Complex topics will be explained by the writers which require them to gather, analyze, understand, and then present the information in an easy way to let readers understand it.
It means even a layman can grasp the gist of the concept. Technical writing courses in India offered by the best-in-industry institutes will allow any aspiring writer to become an expert technical writer.
What Are the Common Types of Technical Writing?
There is a range of technical writing types in the current market scenario. Some of the existing forms are listed below for your reference.
Traditional technical writing: The information presented in this format is to allow a professional audience to gain insights about a certain topic. The writers who take up this kind of writing style often utilize the targeted programming guidelines, research papers, and repair manuals.
- Medical and Science Papers: It is a tough task to explain research results to scientists. This is why they connect with technical writers for interpreting and organizing findings. The articulated results are medical journals with accuracy, organization, and fine details chosen for publishing online or relevant physical copies. This form of content is utilized as a resource for understanding and results and procedures by the practitioners as learning resources. Whatever the form of technical writing is, the professionals ensure to provide credibility in the text.
- Professional Reviews and Reports: Technical writers are great at assisting in the creation of reports for educational institutions and business growth. Business and project status reports, personnel activity reports, and legal case reviews are some examples of professional reports.
End-User Documentation: If you pay close attention to the purchased products, you will find a detailed description of the operation. These kinds of instructive pieces are expressed in written format to assist the customer to understand, follow them, and correctly use the products.
If an end user does not know how to benefit from a purchased item, it is of no use to them. Clear and concise instructions have to be presented under the end-user documentation category. This means the writer must have the ability to frame sentences in a way to help a layman understand them. A few examples of end-user documentation are provided below.
- User Help Guides: It is common for software product users to have questions regarding the usage of the brought item. That’s when they search for user help guides. These are created to let the user seek answers to their questions that develop along the way. The content is usually broken down into different parts as per the required help. In simple words, the material assists the customers to re-read information until they obtain a clear understanding of the concept.
- Product Manuals: The name of the type is self-explanatory; the product’s general maintenance, basic operation, and main features are clearly explained in a booklet. Operator’s manuals for machine-using employees and driver’s manuals for cars are some examples of product manuals.
- Assembly Guidelines: Instructions to set up a physical product are written by technical writers of this kind. They ensure to create the content in a user-friendly and clear step-by-step approach. The written directions must be in a way to helps the users correctly assemble product components. Assembly guidelines are usually written to allow the customer to quickly and independently set up the product and save time.
- Technical Books: These are bundles of information presented in a similar fashion to user help guides. The written information is directed toward the users of software tools. Everything; the ins and outs of the purchased item are clearly stated in the book. However, these are meant to be helpful for non-expert users. If you have an interest in becoming an author of a technical book, check out the Technical writing courses in India section in this article.
Technical marketing content: Detailed description of concepts with technical vocabulary is technical marketing content. It is not easy for a customer to operate a product if the instructions on a product label are unclear. This is why this category of writing has been introduced to connect consumers, products, and businesses. Below are some subcategories of this kind of technical writing.
Case Studies and White Papers: The main objective of white papers is to display the success of a company. Success is in the overall growth of the entity through products and services. A problematic situation of a niche audience is picked to integrate a product or service by the writers to offer a solution and thereby drop the idea of purchase into the potential consumers. Case studies are nothing but detailed reports of a company’s success; reasons, and observations for an entity’s ability to meet its objectives through a product.
- Pitches and Proposals: The majority of the B2B (business to business) include pitches and proposals that are written by technical writers. The chosen writers will assist the team in explaining the technical elements of proposals to collaborate with another entity. The executive summary is obtained from the set business plan to gather key elements by the writers for the creation of a pitch.
- Brochures: Though attractive pictures may distract you from reading the content of a brochure, it is important to understand that they are tools to communicate functions, uses, and descriptions of a product and not just attractive material.
Check here the other best courses in India
- Content Writing Courses in India
- Digital Marketing Courses in India
- SEO Courses in India
- Financial Modeling Courses in India
Ideal Entities for the Technical Writing Courses in India
Learning Technical writing courses in India carries a lot of benefits which is why students and aspiring writers focus on them. Here is a list of colleges with the required details to help you choose the best institute for your career upliftment.
1. IIM SKILLS:
IIM SKILLS is a leading educational website that offers the best Technical Writing Courses for individuals with big dreams. Their faculty can transform an amateur into a professional writer and allow them to prosper in their chosen field. Professionals interested in upskilling themselves will find this institute the best for learning as they offer a wide variety of educational programs for everyone.
This is why they are considered one of the ideal entities for technical writing courses in India. Since the mode of communication is online, you can free yourself from traveling and related expenses. In simple words, you can become a certified technical writer from your home. All you need is a laptop and a stable internet connection to attend the classes.
Technical Writing Course Curriculum
- Journals and White papers
- API Documentation
- Medical writing
- Conversational writing
- Scientific research
- Technical reports
- DDLC and Versioning
- Proofreading and Publishing
- Application notes, user manuals, and datasheets
- Effective writing
- Case study
- 20 hours lectures
- Access to MS Project, Scribus, Git, and MS Visio
- Practical live classroom training
- Lifetime access to Learning Management System
- International Certification
- Global Placement assistance
- 60 hours of practical assignments
- One month internship
- Lifetime support
- Portfolio development
- Publishing learner’s first scholarly article, white paper, and technical blog
Duration: 5 weeks
Fees: INR 14,900 +GST
Technokraft is a platform dedicated to educating and training individuals on technical writing. It is one of the best entities for technical writing courses in India. This training hub with the mission to impart high-end training in Instructional designing and Technical Writing is located in Bangalore.
The learners are taken through different modules that cover the below areas
- Technical Writing basics
- Effective usage of the English language
- Sessions to improve communication skills
- Classes to improve presentation skills
- Aptitude training
- Visualization and designing skills
- Analytical thinking and reasoning
- Time management
- Access to Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe RoboHelp, MS Visio, Snagit, Advanced MS Word, HTML, and XML
- Mock interviews
- Evaluation exam
- Utilization of DITA, Adobe Articulate, Adobe Captivate, and Adobe Illustrator
3. ibruk Consulting:
ibruk Consulting was established in the year 2007 to deliver a variety of user assistance services of which technical writing is one. Its main aim is to help its users understand their full capabilities and productively and efficiently utilize the provided solutions. It has introduced a one-month Certification Course in Technical Writing that is specifically created to allow users to become proficient in the documentation.
- Document Development Lifecycle (DDLC)
- Creation of effective technical content
- Basics of Online help
- Usage of Adobe RoboHelp
- Creation of Effective manuals
- Mastering Microsoft word
- Latest trends in Technical communication
Duration: 1 month
Fees: INR 30,000/- + 18% GST
Techtotal is considered an ideal entity for professional training. It is well-reputed for being an institute that offers affordable technical writing courses in India with innovative learning modules. It has the flexibility to train individuals and corporates through general classrooms and online platforms.
No wonder it is listed under the institutes providing technical writing courses in India. Choose their Certificate Course in Technical writing to become a professional author.
- Technical writing
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Technical writing process
- Document Delivery Life Cycle (DDLC)
- Document Deliverable
- Project planning and SME interviews
- XML & HTML Intro
- Writing skills
- Style standards and Guide
- Technical writing software tools
- Microsoft word
- Adobe RoboHelp
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Snag IT
- MS Visio
- Reviews, delivery, and Publication
- Resume Preparation
- Audience proofing
- Software Development Life cycle
- Documentation procedure
- Content Development
- Version Control
- Style Guides
- Technical Editing
- Proofreading and reviewing
- Testing documentation products
- Placement assistance
- Technical writing techniques and writing tools
Duration: 30 days – Normal training/ 15 days – fast track training
5. K3 Infotech:
K3 Infotech is a user-friendly platform promoting a technical writing course. They have the best trainers in the industry to educate you on topics related to technical writing. The main goal of the entity is to inspire learners to produce clear, precise, and easy-to-understand documents. The firm has the ability to customize the training process according to the type of students; corporations, and individuals.
- Training notes
- Hands-on exercises
- Case studies
Please reach out to the institute for information related to duration and fees.
Also, Check out:
- Technical Writing Courses in Delhi
- Technical Writing Courses in Goa
- Technical Writing Courses in Gurgaon
- Technical Writing Courses in Faridabad
- Technical Writing Courses in Lucknow
- Technical Writing Courses in Kolkata
6. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL):
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) is a distance learning education institute approved by AICTE. Its quality learning programs have made it the largest entity in the field of education. Diploma and Certificate and Post Graduate Diploma programs across industry sectors are part of their system. If you are interested to become a technical writer, avail of its Post Graduate Diploma in Technical Writing in Business Management.
The program includes 4 semesters covering a range of topics each semester to enlighten the student about various aspects of technical writing and business management.
Duration: 2 years
Fee for general category: ₹50,000/-
Fee for Defence category: ₹47,000/-
Fee for NRI category: $1645
Fee for SAARC category: $1300
Note: The institute accepts payment in installments as well, visit their site for more details.
7. Henry Harvin:
Henry Harvin is a leading institute. It has received the best corporate training platform award. It offers a postgraduate program in technical writing. Industry experts are responsible for tutoring students aspiring to become professional technical writers.
- Technical writing
- Content writing
- Madcap Flare
- Instructional design
- Simulated technical writing projects
- Guaranteed internship
- 100% placement assistance
- E-learning with required techniques, tools, videos, assessments
- Free access to #AskHenry competitions and Hackathons
- 12 months gold membership
- Access to authoring, light shot image editing, screen capture, Snagit Spell Check, and technical writing software tools
Duration: 6 months inclusive of internship
Fee: Please reach out to the institute
What Are the Benefits of Learning Technical Writing Courses in India?
Choosing technical writing as a career may create fear in you, especially if you have changed your professional stream. This usually happens when you are made to feel that you are stuck with playing words to create instructional manuals and procedural guides. Let the fears and worries take a leave from you with the help of the below benefits availed from becoming a technical writer.
Okay, let’s face the fact that technical writing is considered a boring profession because it revolves around documentation. But is it true? Nope. That’s because the current world scenario does not alone deal with words. Yes, Most of the technical content posted online is accompanied by diagrams, charts, audio, video, and other visual representing tools.
It means you might create a bundle of sheet information today and you may be requested to use your visual presentation skills tomorrow. There is a scope to explore your creativity. Also, when you are a part of the writing team for product descriptions and instruction manuals, you will get exposure to the latest technologies and trends before they are out.
The majority of Indians assume that writers do not get paid well. Well, I can say they are daydreaming and living in another nation, probably imagination. Because the average annual salary of a technical writer is 5.7 lakhs per annum. A beginner may start their career with a minimum of 2.8 lakhs per annum whereas a professional with a few years of experience may earn up to 13 lakhs per annum.
No Background Problems:
You don’t have to worry about your educational background to enter the technical writing field. Almost all colleges have course curricula to educate everyone about the basics of technical writing. A degree in any discipline is sufficient to let you take admitted to an institute to avail of technical writing courses in India. To be honest, a person with good research skills and a passion for writing can blossom in the industry.
A certain set of skills is required for a technical writer to survive in the tech comm team in the present world. Analytical, interviewing, and good listening skills will be acquired by the beginner as they will have to interact with professionals from different backgrounds as per the chosen area.
For example, a technical writer whose job is to write medical procedures gets a chance to speak with doctors, whereas a writer assigned with publishing content related to technologies will have the opportunity to have a conversation with engineers.
Helpers in Disguise: As you know, the content created by technical writers is to help the readers. The writers assigned to a team have the responsibility to write instructions on how to operate a product or follow steps to utilize a service, They may also have the task of adding information about the consequences of using a product, which means they are indirectly educating the users to carefully handle a purchased product or service.
FAQs About Technical Writing Courses in India
What makes technical writing an ideal field for creatives?
Companies in the current generation recruit people to produce content in different formats. This means the employed professionals not only present technical information in an understandable way but also get to learn to create supportive content like video, audio, graphics, and images.
Is the duration of the technical writing courses in India fixed?
No, different colleges offer different educational programs with different duration to let the student decide on the appropriate course as per his/her requirements. Some institutes offer a 30-day program, a few have a 6 months program and the remaining entities may have a course curriculum set for more than a year.
How many types of technical writing are available in the writing field?
Technical writing is classified into 3 categories; traditional technical writing, end-user documentation, and technical marketing content. These are again subdivided as per the chosen field of interest.
Pursuing technical writing is an amazing career choice. The individual who prefers to be an employee in this sector will have to play with technical terms and convey crucial information to readers in an easy-understand-manner. It is a stream that can be applied in various fields such as robotics, engineering, computer hardware and software, chemistry, finance, forestry, aeronautics, Medical and healthcare, biotechnology, and consumer electronics. No wonder why many institutes are offering a variety of Technical writing courses in India.
There are three kinds of technical writing styles to choose from. You can pick traditional technical writing wherein you are expected to deliver content for medical and scientific papers, professional reviews, and reports. On the other hand, if you love to explore end-user documentation, you will have the duty to write information that would be published in the form of user help guides, product manuals, assembly guidelines, and technical books. The last category of technical writing is technical marketing content where the writer works to use his research skills to submit case studies and white papers, pitches and proposals, and brochures.
Information about a list of colleges with the best Technical writing courses in India is provided to let you make a fruitful choice. If you are a beginner, you are at the benefit of acquiring great listening, interviewing, analytical, and conversational skills from interacting with experts from different business sectors. Do not forget that being a technical writer lets you earn a good salary package alongside optimally utilizing your creative juices for the production of content.