Top 11 Content Writing Courses in New Zealand
New Zealand is a highly developed nation and there is a demand for skilled digital marketers. Content writing is part of digital marketing. Digital content writers create various types of marketing materials and create messaging that is used by companies and organizations to sell services and increase brand awareness. New Zealand is a country that offers great career opportunities in content writing. Whether you are a fresh graduate, business owner, or marketing professional content writing courses in New Zealand will help you upskill your knowledge and develop a unique tone and style in writing.
With content writing courses in New Zealand, you will develop strong writing skills along with an understanding of digital marketing, and SEO, generating traffic to your site and creating and distributing content strategy to deliver the best results. Content writing courses help you in building an income through online writing by delivering strong writing skills.
What is the Role of a Content Writer?
Content Writers are professionals who write blogs, and whitepapers, craft social media posts, ebooks, copy for websites, and many other different online platforms. Content writers understand the tone and style of business writing and help produce content and increase brand awareness.
Types of Content Writers
1. Blog Writer
Blogging is a self-publishing online platform, whether it is for writing or photography. It is a place where the person writes diary-style entries where it makes it easier for the reader to engage with each other and with the content writer but later it has been enhanced into websites for businesses and organizations. Some of the benefits of blog writing are good for SEO, maintaining communication with audiences, generate alternate income.
Blog Writing Includes
- Blog posts
Copywriters are professionals whose purpose of writing is to advertise or sell goods and services creating digital media. Copywriting also consists of writing different content types like digital, print content, and marketing material. Copywriting includes sales collateral, product description, traditional print media, infographics, and website copy.
Skills Required for Copywriting
- Communication skills
- Technical skills
- Strong writing skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Research skills
Writing a text on behalf of someone else is ghostwriting. It is a form of freelance writing where a ghostwriter can write on behalf of his customer which includes books, online content, nonfiction, and several interesting topics.
Benefits of Ghostwriters
- A wide audience
- Interesting subjects
- Payment for your work
4. Technical Writer
Technical writing is writing technical handbooks and manuals. A technical writer is a communicator who needs to have knowledge of great writing skills as he transforms complex information into simple language. A technical writer produces guides, FAQs, instructions, and manuals.
Skills Needed for a Technical Writer
- A clear understanding of the product
- Basic graphic and Webdesign skills
- Mastering mode of communication
- Knowledge of technical writing software tools
- Research skills
5. Social Media Writer
Publishing content for various media channels based on the audience’s behavior through engaging posts is a social media writer. Social media writer creates posts, quizzes, interactive content, and platform-specific content.
Skills Needed for a Social Media Writer
- Traditional and digital marketing
- Making connections
6. Email Writer
Email writer involves in composing calls to action and headlines taking sales initiative into consideration. Email writing is cheaper and faster compared to other forms of communication. An email writer creates campaigns, newsletters, and transactional emails.
Skills Needed for an Email Writer
- Clear on action
- Visually scannable
- Well organized
To develop your content writing skills there are many online courses that provide professional training and help in developing skills to become a better content writer and be job-ready. With online content writing courses in New Zealand, you can develop practical skills, learn from experienced professionals and handle various types of projects.
Check This List of the Best Online Content Writing Courses in New Zealand
1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills has global accreditation and is a leader in adopting modern technology. Students of the content writing master certification program at IIM Skills are working in eminent organizations like IBM, Amazon, and Dell.
In this content writing master course, you will learn different types of writing skills like Blogging, Publishing, Article writing, Paperback, E-Book, SOP, Academic Writing, Press release, and much more. At the end of the course, you will be writing more efficiently and confidently.
Content Writing Course Curriculum
- Web Development
- Blog Creation(UI UX Interface)
- Introduction to Content Writing
- Content Keyword Research
- Start Writing Content
- Duplicate Content Detector
- Content Distribution using Email
- Google Local Pages setup
- Content Marketing Using Social Media
- Exploring Social media Tools
- Freelance Content Writing
- Top-Notch Trainers
- Interactive with Individual Attention
- 3 months guaranteed Internship
- Launch your content writing agency
- Lifetime support
- Portfolio development for job
- Publish your first E-Book
- Certification from IIM Skills
4 Weeks of Live Classroom Classes
3 months Internship
Course Fee: 248.72 New Zealand Dollar
FutureLearn is an online education provider around the world and offers online courses from top institutions and universities. How to create great online content is part of the digital marketing course. In their content writing courses in New Zealand, you will learn how to create engaging content on different online platforms. You will learn to deliver messages to the right viewers with the right style, and tone.
- Key considerations for creating online content
- Use of language and tone in communication
- Identifying suitable content
- Learn how content is planned
- Identify the message and intention within it
- Understand the message and use of language in online content
- Use strategies to communicate
- Content media creation
- Complete each course and pass the assessment
- Receive certificates
- Two weeks
- Weekly study 3 hours
- 100% online
Course Fee: $39/month
Recommended Read: Content Writing Courses in Malaysia
3. Marketing Association
The content marketing course offered by Marketing Association is one of the best content writing courses in New Zealand. This course helps you learn content strategies and is designed to implement them. It also helps you in distributing and creating quality content to bring more visitors.
- Content and its role in lead generation
- Convert more leads and customers
- Attract visitors
- Form call to action and landing pages
- Evaluation and measurement of campaign analytics using KPIs, tools, and techniques.
- Implement a successful content marketing strategy
- Effective content strategy with greater ROI
Course Duration: 7 hours
Course Fee: $595.00+GST for Members
This course at Bergh is one of the best online content writing courses in New Zealand which offers tools for building brand relationships better and learning storytelling and which content works better for channels. You will also learn to use practical tools for creating valuable content, craft engagement, fundamentals of content strategy, and improve performance by analyzing.
- Authenticity and tonality
- Crafting a meaningful user journey
- SEO, visibility
- Crafting exciting copy
- Measuring success
- Project presentation and feedback
- Learn Online anywhere, anytime
- Learn content brief
- How to transform the message into stories
- Creating measurable plans
- Understand distribution, data, and trends
Course Duration: 12 weeks
For all you people inclined towards web marketing, check out the list of the top Digital Marketing Courses In New Zealand.
5. Digital Marketing Institute
Digital marketing institute offers world-class certification in digital marketing. To meet industry changes, it constantly updates courses by skills experts to boost your career and stay relevant. In this digital marketing course, you will learn content marketing, SEO, social media marketing, and Google Ads. The content marketing course teaches how content is created and published to the right channels at the right time.
- Content Marketing Concept and Strategy
- Publishing and Distributing Content
- Creating and Curating Content
- Developing a Content Marketing Plan
- Using Content Research to Find Opportunities
- Metrics and Performance
Digital Marketing Course Also Includes
- Introduction to digital marketing
- Social media marketing
- Paid search using Google Ads
- Email Marketing
- Google Analytics
- Search Engine Optimization
- Display and Video Advertising
- Website optimization
- Cutting edge learning content
- Globally recognized certification
- Live webinars
- Vibrant, connected community
- Practice exam
Contended is an innovative, highly focused, growing online school of modern communication. Its award-winning courses teach digital writing skills, web content development, web writing, technical writing skills, and social media writing. In this content writing course, you will learn how to write high-performing online content for blogs, and websites. By the end of the course, you will be a confident and certified freelancer and web content writer.
- Writing for online readers
- Writing web headlines
- Writing web pages summaries
- Writing useful hyperlinks
- Editing web content
- Assessment – Online tests
- Learn how to attract online readers
- How print differs from digital media
- Technical writing skills
- Core skills for writing websites
Duration: Access for 90 days
Recommended Read: Content Writing Courses in UK
7. LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning is approved by PMI Authorized Training Partner Program. At Linked learning, you will learn and grow your skills online taught by real-world professionals with over 16,000 courses. Learn from anywhere and at any time with your laptop or mobile phone online with content writing courses in New Zealand.
In this content writing course taught by Shani Raja, you will learn practical writing techniques, key principles to keep writing purposeful, a pleasure to read, and concise. You will also learn how to avoid out-of-focus ideas and repetition.
- World of elite writing
- Mindset of writer
- 6 chapter quizzes
- One project file
- Access on tablet and phone
- Certificate of completion
Course Duration– 5h 8min
8. HubSpot Academy
HubSpot Academy specializes in transforming people by offering free online courses. It is the worldwide leader in creating bite-sized courses for professionals looking to grow in their careers. In this content marketing course, you will get an overview of how to become an effective content marketer.
- The power of story Telling
- Planning a long term content strategy
- Creating Topic clusters and Pillar pages
- How to efficiently promote content
- Measuring and analyzing your content
- Developing a growth marketing mentality
- It’s Free – get unlimited access to a complete library of education and free software tools
- Personalized training
- Globally recognized certification
- 6 lessons
- 24 videos
- 6 quizzes
- 3:03 hours
Course Fee: Free
Udemy is a global community and its course catalog gets bigger every day. Instructors from around the world build their online courses through the Udemy platform on their preferred topics. In this content writing course, you will master content for websites, ebooks, marketing, and blogs. Also, learn how to use titles, headings, keywords, and descriptions.
- Develop content ideas for the web
- 3 ways to make your content that you can use right now
- Edit content to make it better
- About keywords
- How to write for websites
- Attract more traffic
- 3 hours video
- Full lifetime access
- Certification of completion
Course Fee: $104.99
Coursera offers courses developed by top companies and universities with world-class training. In this content strategy course offered by Northwestern University, you will learn to be more effective by looking at visual communication with font choices, video, and photography. You will also learn how to maximize content effectiveness which is considered one of the best online content writing courses in New Zealand.
- Introduction to Content strategy
- Audiences and Brand
- Experience and voice
- Platforms and design
- Social and Mobilemedia
- Managing content and IP
- Visual communication theory and practice
- Social engagement
- Measuring your content’s engagement
- Capstone Overview and Direction
- Assignment Submission
- 5 Series course
- Flexible deadlines
- Shareable certificate
- 100% online
- 5 hours to complete each course
- Earn Certificate
Course Fee: Enroll for free
Recommended Read: Content Writing Courses in Egypt
Skillshare is an online learning platform where you can find inspiration to learn new skills and acquire real growth and is one of the best online content writing courses in New Zealand. In this content writing course offered by skillshare, you will learn how content writing is different from copywriting with examples.
- Introduction to content writing
- Learning method
- Content research, editing, marketing tools,
- Basic content writing
- Learn to become a world-class creative writer
- Include primary CTAs
- Include blog or resource page
- Each class has short lessons
- Unlimited access
- Hands-on project
Prerequisites to Become a Content Writer
You do not require a specific academic degree to become a content writer your research and writing skills can help you start a career in content writing. Some tips to become a better content writer are to make a habit of reading, always work on writing and researching skills, take different assignments each time, and learn SEO and digital marketing.
It is good to have a degree in communication or journalism as many employers prefer candidates with a degree. You can take up any of the above best content writing courses in New Zealand and get certified and master in researching and writing skills for any digital content.
Some of the Skills Required to Be a Content Writer:
- Excellent writing skills
- Linguistic accuracy
- Logical flow and coherence
- Content formatting
- Time management
1. With no experience can I become a content writer?
Yes, you can start writing your own blog for free at your own pace without any qualifications.
2. What is Freelance Writing?
A professional writer who offers their services as a contractor to different clients about any topic a client assigns to write is freelance writing.
3. What are the skills you need to be the best freelance writer?
If you want to be a successful freelance writer you need to have the following skills
- Basic Web Design
- SEO Writing
- Digital Marketing
- Communication skills
- Graphic Design
- Blogging and WordPress Management
4. Is content writing considered a good career?
With content writing as a career, there are enough opportunities for students and upcoming writers who have a strong vocabulary, good vision, and strong writing skills.
Content writing can be challenging. Good content writing courses in New Zealand can give you skills and knowledge of the content writing world. With these courses, you can get solid grammatical and language skills, learn to communicate with viewers, and how approach the online audience with the right content at the right time.
Content writing courses in New Zealand help you fill in the gaps when you need to understand more about technical writing, working as a blogger, SEO, and reaching the right audience. You can take advantage of these courses that cover all these topics and launch a successful content writing career.