If you live in Patna and have been contemplating writing an e-book, starting your blog, or are looking for opportunities to exercise your passion for writing to earn extra income, then you must have considered formal training via the best Content Writing courses in Patna? Venturing out on your own becomes easy if you have, at the onset, someone to teach you and guide you to find your feet. This article aims to equip you with an understanding of possible options to look at in Patna and beyond if you would like to master content writing.
Types of Content Writing and prospects
Depending on your interest, abilities, and expertise, there are different options to start with or specialize in. A quick look into some of these areas might give you an idea of what to expect if you are new to content writing as a field. An understanding of forms of content and their usage can act as your guide to choosing which among these best Content Writing courses in Patna will be the right fit for you.
- SEO content writing:
Blogs, articles, product pages, etc, are all good examples of content that is created keeping in mind user search queries or intent. It, therefore, involves keyword research and optimization, among other things. The primary aim is to generate interest and consequently traffic to the site or page that hosts them.
In short, this is one of the ways to rank higher on the search engine results page. In terms of prospects, any company that has a website may require SEO content writers. You can find work and projects with Digital marketing or SEO services companies too, or choose to establish yourself as a blogger.
- Corporate or Business writing:
Businesses need writers to help them chart clear and concise messages when they need to convey information about expansion plans, product launches, acquisitions, or other important events. They also need to create and maintain information about the company, its products, or services on their website, or sales and marketing materials for distribution.
There are other internal content requirements where the company needs to keep staff informed of organizational announcements, draw up reports, put together newsletters, etc. Press releases, emails, company profile creation, in-house newsletters, report writing, etc, are examples of business writing.
- Technical writing:
When information about specialized subjects such as Information technology, medical, environmental, or mechanical topics needs to be communicated, this generally falls within the scope of technical writing. This form of writing is usually informative or instructional and requires expert knowledge of the subject that enables the writer to simplify complex concepts.
Examples can include operational procedures, guides, white papers, assembly instructions for products, etc. Organizations that can employ technical writers include IT companies, non-profit organizations, the engineering, manufacturing sector, or Biotech firms, to name a few.
- Academic writing:
Writing that is employed in an academic setting such as research papers or publications, dissertations, scholastic books or articles, thesis, etc all represent academic writing. This is a formal writing form that presents unbiased and well-researched facts and information. Like in technical writing, academic writing also employs style guides and requires subject matter expertise.
All forms of writing need some creativity; however, in contrast to academic or technical writing, creative writing is typically (not always, though) fictional and imaginative. If you are a storyteller and can portray emotions in words, create characters and situations so that people can relate to them, then this can be your calling. Fictional books or scripts, songs, poetry, plays, are a few forms of creative writing.
Can be writing about anything and in any form – be it blogs, books, articles, or other forms of content. However, the writer does not get byline or credit for their work. Ghostwriting gigs are commissioned by people who reserve the right to edit and publish the content you produce, in their name.
This type of work pays more than freelancing jobs and therefore is a worthwhile position to consider. These are some of the broad categories, and there can, of course, be an overlap when it comes to the type of content that you, as an expert can be asked to produce. E.g., an element of copywriting may also be seen in Press releases, marketing brochures, website content creation, etc.
Recommended Read: Content Writing Courses in Lucknow
The abilities you need to flourish as a content writer
- Command over language: This need not be English only as regional language content writing can also be done. You write for readers. Being understood by those readers, therefore, matters. Irrespective of which language you choose to write in, you do, however, need to have basics in place.
- Quick learner: Continuing from the previous point, language skills can be developed with practice. However, learning to do so quickly is essential as it might otherwise have an impact on your time and deliverables. That was one example and another could be that you will need to learn the basics of CMS, SEO, and other concepts and tools that have an impact on your writing.
The sooner you assimilate this knowledge, the easier it gets. You may also have instances where you have to write about topics that you are not an expert on. Here again, being able to learn and transfer your knowledge into words swiftly helps.
- Focus and quality consciousness: As a content writer, you will function in a fast-paced environment, whether as part of a company or as a self-employed individual. Timely completion of your work and doing so with high-quality output is vital. For this, being completely focused, dedicated, and producing error-free content is needed.
- Originality and organizational skills: Unique content is always appreciated and even if you are taking inspiration from elsewhere, making it your own requires originality. Being organized can apply to your thoughts, document structure, calendar, or tasks.
These are a few important skills that help content writers. Getting down to the crux of the matter, the following are some of the best Content Writing courses in Patna for your consideration.
Top 6 Content Writing Courses in Patna
1. IIM Skills
Whether you want to work with an organization of repute as a content writer, hone your writing skills as a digital marketer, or want to set up your content writing services agency, IIM Skills has all of these topics covered in their course curriculum. With faculty who are skilled educators, a well-defined curriculum, and a teaching methodology that focuses on learning by doing, the Content Writing Master Course at IIM Skills deserves its first spot on this list of best Content Writing courses in Patna to consider.
Course Fee – INR 14900 + GST
Duration: 4 weeks + 3 Months internship
Content Writing Course Curriculum:
- 12 modules that dive deep into:
- Web development
- UI/UX Interface (Blog creation)
- Introduction to content writing
- Content keyword research
- Start writing content
- Content writing tools
- Duplicate content detector
- Content distribution using email
- Google local pages set up
- Content marketing using social media
- Exploring social media tools
- Freelance content writing
- 25 types of writing skills you’ll learn including articles, blogs, e-books, brochures, social media posts, infographics, statements of purpose, and much more.
- 60 hours of hands-on assignments where you get first-hand experience of SEO
- WordPress site set-up
- different forms of content creation
- Tools needed
- Placement support
- Freelance writing opportunities
- And lifetime access to learning materials/lectures.
This course offers a good mix of knowledge on writing skills but also importantly, practical lessons on setting up your website and blog; help on how to not just write but publish your e-book, etc. This holistic approach, backed by good student reviews is what makes IIM Skills stand out as Institute offering the best Content Writing Courses in Patna.
Education & Career Times or ECT in short is the next name to feature as offering the best Content Writing courses in Patna. The institute is headquartered in Delhi, where classroom training is made available. They cover learners all over the world through online training as well.
Content Writing Course from ECT has the following core modules:
- Introduction to Content Writing
- Boost your vocabulary
- Avoiding common grammar errors when you write
- Learn writing tools, tips, and techniques
- Hone your creative nonfiction writing skills
- Learn fiction writing
- Master business writing skills
- Learn Technical writing
- Hone your academic writing skills
- Learn to write specific pieces of content such as SOP, Resume, cover letter, LinkedIn Profile, etc
- Master content marketing
- Monetize your writing skills
- Publish your book
- This is a 3-month program that is split equally between training and internship
- You get to work on 8 assignments and 4 live projects with clients
- You can get mentored by a top ghostwriter in India
- Receive placement assistance upon course completion
3. Semsols Technologies
Next up on the list of best Content Writing courses in Patna is an Institute that has a tailored course for people who are, or want to be avid bloggers. To learn how to set up a WordPress site and utilize that for blogging, the Blogging with WordPress course offered by Semsols will be the ideal choice. Semsols is a Digital Marketing company in Patna that offers training on Digital Marketing, Photography, web, graphic designing, etc.
Their one-week Blogging with WordPress course covers:
- What is blogging and making a career in blogging
- Getting started: Choosing a niche, Domain & Hosting and other topics
- Setting up your blog: this is where you learn all there is to know about WordPress setup
- Creating blog pages & posts
- Set up a shop through your blog
- Getting your blog ready for traffic
- Driving traffic to your blog
- Making money from your blog: learn about affiliate marketing, creating and customizing banners, etc
- Conclusion: next steps to take after the course
Aspirants will be tutored and mentored by one of the Directors of Semsols who brings with him 15+ years of internet marketing experience.
Recommended Read: Content Writing Courses in Kolkata
4. Achievers IT Solutions
Achievers IT Solutions is a Digital Marketing company and Training Institute based in Patna. They have been providing Digital Marketing services and also function as an election management company since 2017. The combination course provided by Achievers IT Solutions is another option to consider when it comes to the best Content Writing courses in Patna. They offer a Blogging and Google AdSense course which teaches you how to monetize your blog.
This is a short-term course covering:
- What is AdSense?
- How to get approved for AdSense?
- Using your AdSense account interface
- Make money with AdSense
- Sources to Make Money Online
- CPC, CPA, CPI, and other metrics
- Getting Most Conversions
- Google AdSense Account Setup
- YouTube Video Monetization
- Online money earning strategies
- Success stories of online entrepreneurs
- Planning a website for AdSense
- Implementing Ads in a Website
- Performance Metrics
- AdSense Administration
- Placing Ads on Website
- Placing Ads on Blogs
- Allowing and Blocking Ads
The Indira Gandhi National Open University needs no introduction. The reason why it features here among the best Content Writing courses in Patna is that the Patna regional center of IGNOU offers a Diploma in Creative Writing in English that may interest you if you want to specialize in this area.
The simple eligibility criterion is that anyone who has passed the 12th standard can apply. Even if you haven’t, admission can still be obtained if you are over 20 years old. This is not a short-term course though, taking a minimum of a year for completion with a maximum duration of 2 years being allotted for completion.
The course provides knowledge and skills on:
- General principles of writing
- Feature writing
- Short story
- Writing for media: Radio and Television
- Writing Poetry
- Project work where you can choose one area for project proposal from Novella, Features, and articles, short stories, Poems, or Radio & TV scripts.
The course is structured in such a way that aspirants learn things progressively, so creative abilities are nurtured in stages. It is best suited for anyone looking for a career as a freelance writer.
Recommended Read: Content Writing Courses in Indore
6. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin has been providing quality education to people across different verticals such as skills development, corporate, and college programs, etc. With offices in India & the US, the company has a customer base in 90-odd countries and ranks as a top EdTech company.
Their writing academy offers various specialist courses and has two choices for content writing – a content writing course which provides 36 hours of training, and a Post Graduate Program in content writing, the latter being a longer-term course.
The modules covered under the Content Writing Course include:
- Language skills
- Internet skills
- Blog, business, and marketing writing
- Content strategy
- Technical & research writing
- Academic writing
- Creative writing
- Email writing
- Earn online & get international projects
- Simulated content writing projects
- Complimentary soft skills and resume writing modules
Some of the perks that Henry Harvin offers, making it one of the best Content Writing courses in Patna, are that the Institute also provides –
- Bootcamp sessions for up to a year where you can brush up on your knowledge
- Guaranteed internship and placement support
- 1 year of gold membership to their writing academy.
Q1. How much does the content writing course cost?
Depending on where and which course you avail of, the cost can vary and go up to 15,000/-. Self-paced learning options are less priced than live training courses.
Q2. What is a content writing internship?
This is the phase where you put your learning into practice and create different content types, with the advantage of having a ready portfolio to showcase by the time you finish the course.
Q3. Can you work from home as a content writer?
The answer is a resounding yes, especially if you work as a freelancer after you complete the course. If you take up a job with a company, this will depend on your arrangement with the employer.
In bringing this article on the best Content Writing courses in Patna to a close, there are a couple of things to highlight about who can benefit from such a course and why it’s good to join one. If you like writing, have expertise in a particular domain that you wish to share so people can benefit, want a career with versatility, or one that lets you exercise your creativity, then content writing can be a great choice.
Whether it is to build a connection with customers, get search engines to notice and pick your website or page over others, describe or advertise products and services, or simply have your say – content is the basis for all this and much more. You can pick a niche and become an expert or maintain flexibility in working across different forms of content. Choices and opportunities abound, plus the subject of content creation will never be boring. Need we say more? Happy learning!