Top 8 Business Analytics Courses in Bangalore With Placements
Are you a confused graduate looking for a career choice that excites you to go to work every day? If a new decision to make, or a new problem to solve is your innate abilities then the Business Analytics Course is the right choice for you!! Bangalore is the IT hub in India and has ample opportunities for business Analysts and provides the best courses in the field. You can choose from various options presented below for Business Analytics Courses in Bangalore.
What is Business Analytics?
With the advent of technology, business houses have easy access to data and now they are determined to use this data to their advantage for the right decision-making and better performance of their business. Here comes the use of business analytics tools like statistical analysis, data mining, predictive analysis, etc to analyze and simplify data to reach an apt conclusion.
What if you could predict the future and prepare beforehand for unfavorable situations and to grab better opportunities? It would be so great. Business analytics does the same for business, an analyst makes use of various tools and analyses the data to predict the future.
The predictions are sometimes based on past trends and the data is used to find solutions and make decisions for future planning. Business analytics courses prepare individuals to analyze the data available in raw form to interpret it for the best use of the organization.
The future is data-based, with change and everyday development in technology, everything is measurable and quantifiable. Data represents the raw information that is simplified by an analyst to solve problems and help top management in decision-making. We can conclude business analytics is and will emerge as the most powerful tool in decision-making in near future!!
Who Is It Suitable for?
A fresher, a working professional looking for a change any dropout, or a housewife who had to take a break? All of them!! Yes any of them can join a business analytics course from the various options available. Since Bangalore is the IT hub, the courses available in Bangalore are very carefully designed as per the demand in the market.
Also, there are different options available like full-time, part-time, and online courses. The duration of the courses is also flexible, there are 2 years full-time courses for postgraduate courses, on the other hand, there is 40hrs course available too for certificate courses.
What Are the Types of Business Analytics?
Four major types of Business Analytics:
· Descriptive Analytics: It is related to the analysis of historical data and takes care of KPIs.
· Diagnostic Analytics: It is used to find out the reason behind any past events to prevent them from recurring and find a solution.
· Predictive Analytics: It uses various analytical tools to forecast the future probability of an event. It helps to understand upcoming trends, prevents risks, and helps in better strategic planning.
· Prescriptive Analytics: it connects the future with the past, connecting the dots with what may happen in the future based on past events. It prepares the business for the future and prevents any repetition of past threats.
Eligibility for a Business Analytics Course
The minimum qualification for a business analytics course is graduation. 50% marks in graduation are required from a recognized university. There is no mandate on the graduation stream but it is more suited for commerce or science graduates who have studied math or statistics.
Importance of Business Analytics
Business analytics is extremely useful for a business in a smooth decision-making process.
· Firstly it helps to make sound commercial decisions resulting in higher profitability, and revenue boosts market share and higher returns on investment.
· It improves the operational efficiency of various departments by simplifying the data in a much easier and more comprehensive format.
· It provides a competitive edge to companies using it in comparison to its peers still deprived of the benefits.
· It converts structured as well as unstructured data into understandable simplified information.
Role of a Business Analyst
Not all the stakeholders and decision-makers have the time to go through intensive research before making a decision, here comes the role of a business analyst. The research and interpretation of data at hand to assist and simplify the decision-making process for the top management is the responsibility of a business analyst. The major responsibilities of a Business analyst are:
· Deviation analysis
· Follow up
· Team leading and management
Business Analytics Course Curriculum
Business analytics Courses cover major topics related to decision-making based on data analysis and tools. The module and curriculum may differ from institute to institute and the course you opt for. The major topics covered are:
· Introduction to Business Analytics
· Data mining and data warehousing
· Statistical Methods for Business Analytics
· Predictive Modeling and Machine Learning
· Data Visualization and Communication
· Big Data Analytics
· Marketing Analytics
· Financial Analytics
· Operations Analytics
· Business Intelligence and reporting
· Data Ethics and Privacy
Apart from these hands-on experience through live projects and internships is also provided by various institutions to add a practical approach to the course.
Scope of Business Analytics
We discussed how a business analyst is important for a business, now let’s dive a little deeper into how various verticals of a business are affected by business analytics.
· Client Relationship Management: Customer relationship depends on the customer’s experiences. Business analytics helps to decode the inefficiency in serving them and improving customer satisfaction creating strong client relationships.
· Inventory management: If the supply chain derails, it can amount to huge losses to the business irrespective of its size. Business analytics helps to analyze and manage inventory levels to tackle any unforeseen event.
· HR Professionals: Yes, you heard it right. Business analytics can even be useful for the human resource department. Proper data can be maintained and managed for employees’ qualifications, background, attrition rate, age, gender, etc. it can simplify and smoothen the selection process and handling of employees. A happy workforce can take any business to new heights.
Institutes Offering Business Analytics Courses in Bangalore
There are over 30 institutes that offer Business analytics courses in Bangalore with a ratio of 30:70 for government and private institutes. Here are some of the best institutes which offer the business analytics course with the best exposure and placement. It should be noted online courses are also offered by some prestigious institutes which arrange classes online mode on weekends enabling interested candidates to work or nonworking under the same umbrella.
Rank #1. Business Analytics Courses in Bangalore
1. NMIMS University
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) is one of the top institutes and deemed universities in India. With a presence in seven cities, Bangalore is one among them. NMIMS Bangalore is one of the institutes which identified true potential in analytics courses and introduced them in January 2019 with its Postgraduate Diploma in Data Science and Analytics Program.
This PGDM program holds 9th rank in Central Asia and is AMBA accredited. The course is designed to upkeep requirements in the industry, aiming to solve business problems with statistical tools and Machine Learning techniques. It is a part-time course spread throughout 16 months with four trimesters.
Classes are conducted on weekends in a dual format of online and classroom lectures with hands-on lab sessions. Since the course is targeted towards those looking for an upgrade or change in career, eligibility for the course demands mathematics or statistics at 10+2 level with a minimum of 55% in graduation and 18 months of work experience.
Though a relaxation in experience may be rewarded to candidates holding good aptitude for quantitative skills with an educational background in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, and operation research with a score of min 70% marks in the examinations.
The fee for the course is around RS.4, 90.000 with additional lab charges of RS. 20,500 (exclusive of taxes). Interested candidates can apply for the program on the official website of the institute and are required to send a Statement of Purpose for the same. Selected students will be informed by the institute for further rounds.
Ph- +91-9964820386, 9743505346
Rank #2. Business Analytics Courses in Bangalore
2. Presidency University
Presidency University, Bangalore offers MBA in Business Analytics which is a full-time two years course. The program aims at providing solutions to business problems with tools like ERM, data analytics, supply chain analytics, etc. The course is a complete package inclusive of industrial tours, project work, guest lectures, seminars workshops, and internships for a real-world experience.
It is a full-time course and is suitable for graduates preferably from a science or mathematics background with at least 50% marks in graduation. Also, a high score in any of the national-level aptitude tests (CAT, MAT, XAT, KMAT) is required, work experience will be an added advantage.
The fee for the complete tenure is around Rs. 600000 and has a dedicated placement cell. Over the years top recruiters have visited the campus and offered high pay jobs.
Ph- 080-23093500, +91 9022092222
Recommended Read: Business Analytics Jobs
Rank #3. Business Analytics Courses in Bangalore
3. ISBR Business School, Bangalore
ISBR Business School does not need an introduction in Bangalore, named among the most elite institutes it stands out for its quality education. ISBR offers a full-time 2-year PGDM in Business Analytics. The course aims at simplifying business decisions through a combination of case studies, presentations, and brainstorming in group discussions.
The course curriculum is versatile and covers all the in-trend and industry-specific topics spread across four semesters. Each student requires opting an elective and present a report which is a very crucial part of the program.
The fee for the course is Rs. 3.00,000 per year with an additional admission fee of Rs. 30,000. Any graduate with 50% marks and who has qualified for any national or state-level test preferably CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, PGCET, ATMA, etc shall be considered eligible for the course.
Ph- 080-40819500, +91 7349147002, 9379266660
Rank #4. Business Analytics Courses in Bangalore
4. BA Centric
14 years in the sector, changed careers for more than 3200 professionals with a claim of an average 55%hike. We are talking about Business analyst training offered by BA Centric, Bangalore!! BA Centric aims at providing a short-term online training course for aspirants looking forward to a leap in their career without taking any effective break.
It offers a business analyst training course with an effective module spread over a 6weeks period, online live sessions with accessible video recording, and a 24/7 LMS portal available at the disposal of the user. The USP of the course is short batches only of 5 attendees in a workshop for better learning and focus.
With BA Centric you get an experienced team providing complete mentorship with mock interviews, resume upgradation, and live projects and insights. Intensive 4 weeks training is imparted and 2 weeks project work is part of the course. Complete support through phone and email is available during the entire course.
Eligibility for the program is a bachelor’s degree in technology or management. Preferably B. Tech/ M. Tech, MCA/M. Sc in computer science, MBA (any specialization), B.Com/B.Sc (with Process or IT-related Experience). Online training is imparted Mon to Fri or Sat/Sun – One can choose the batch as per their convenience, apart from this physical classrooms are also available for 6 days a week.
The fee for the course stands at Rs.29800, payment via online or cards is acceptable too. You need not worry about placements as most of the alumni are already placed with big brands, 34.5 L per annum being the highest offered package.
Ph- +91 7993726693
Rank #5. Business Analytics Courses in Bangalore
5. Excel R
Excel R provides certificate courses and training programs in business analytics in Bangalore in collaboration with IBM. The global presence and a wide range of well-designed industry-specific courses and placements give it an edge in the industry.
The program includes 60+ case studies, capstone projects, live sessions, more than 350 companies’ networks, and unlimited online access to live/classroom classes. The duration of the course is 180 hours. The curriculum is well curated to meet the requirements of the market and is upgraded to upkeep with the changes.
A minimum pre-requisite demanded by the course is graduation in the science, commerce, or engineering stream. A fresher is as much welcome as an experienced professional. The fee for the classroom batch is Rs.59, 999 and the online batch is Rs. 49,999.
Must Read: Data Analytics Courses in Noida
Rank #6. Business Analytics Courses in Bangalore
6. Coepd –Bangalore
Coepd is one of the top players amongst certification centers for business analytics in Bangalore. It offers a 40hrs long, well-drafted course curriculum as per market requirement. A dedicated placement partnered by well-known brands Infosys, IBM, HCL, etc.
A 4-day workshop is conducted for the participants in online and offline mode in the seven cities the brand is available. You can choose an online or offline course as per your requirement since classes are conducted on weekends making it accessible for working professionals as well as freshers.
The course offers internship and training and a free live demo is also conducted which can help you make up your mind before enrolling for the same.
Ph- +91 9000155700
Rank #7. Business Analytics Courses in Bangalore
7. IMS Proschool –Bangalore
IMS Proschool ranks among the top 10 best analytics institutes in the country. It offers two variations in business analytics courses, for 3 months and 4 months duration respectively. An additional benefit of opting for the latter is 20hrs of Python in the curriculum. Both the courses have similar key features offering 7hrs faculty-led training and workshops.
The course is a live weekend program with no restriction on physical classroom presence, though online and offline sessions both are available. Industry experts are part of the faculty and provide in-depth knowledge of the topics. Recordings for each class are available for reference whenever needed.
Anyone above 18yrs of age can enroll in the course. However, knowledge of statistics and mathematics will be helpful. The fee for the course is Rs. 50,000 for the classroom batch and Rs. 32,000 for the live batch. A waiver of 20% is available for all IMS students.
Rank #8. Business Analytics Courses in Bangalore
8. St . Hopkins Group of Institution
St. Hopkins Group of Institution, affiliated with Bangalore University offers 2years full-time MBA in Business Analytics in Bangalore. The opportunities are immense in the untapped domain of business analytics and giving an edge to the students is the focus of the program.
The course covers in-depth knowledge of the concepts using the latest tools, exposure to live projects, 6 weeks international internship, and guaranteed placements starting right from the third semester offering min package of 3-3.5L per annum.
Entrepreneurship training from IIM Calcutta is also a valuable feature of the program. Students are well-equipped with knowledge and ready for any decision-making challenges in the future as analysts!!
The course fee is Rs. 4, 60,000 for two years including the admission fee.
Ph- +91 8022113435
Career Opportunities After Business Analytics Course
After completion of the business analytics course, you can work in different roles based on your expertise and interest. Some of the work roles you are offered are:
· Data architect: data architect is responsible for generating a database that is easily accessible to all the employees of the organization. He plays a key role in problem-solving, to be a data architect you should hold a degree in computer science with analytical and mathematical skills.
· Chief data officer: You need at least ten years of experience as a data analytics expert to become a chief data officer, who is responsible to draw insights from a set of data and use it at the organization’s disposal.
· Data Analyst: A data analyst prepares a report by analyzing the data with the use of various tools. A person with a backdrop of engineering in information technology or computer science stream would be a perfect match for the profile.
· Market Research Analyst: A lot of changes keep on taking place in the market daily, usually due to changes in consumer choices. A market research analyst is responsible for upkeep with changing market trends and staying updated to meet the market demands of the organization.
· Statistician: A combination of mathematical and statistical skills is used by a statistician to solve real-life problems and provide a solution. If you have a mathematics or statistics background it will suit you.
· Data Scientist: A data scientist studies huge chunks of data and extracts meaningful information to improve business strategy. If you excel at programming skills and analytical skills, this is a good match for you.
· Chief Technology Officer: The business market goes through technological changes too. The chief technology officer is responsible to stay updated with any such changes and keep the organization updated with its latest version. Selection and Implementation of the best tool to give optimum results is done by a CTO and it requires a clear vision and decision-making skills.
· Machine Learning Engineer: Machine learning engineers are responsible for developing programs and creating algorithms to give a data-driven approach. They work with the data science team and hold a Ph.D. or specialized master’s degree in mathematics, physics, or statistics.
· Project Manager: A project manager works on a data-specific project from beginning to end and delivers results as per clients’ needs. We can certainly say he is responsible for the performance and growth of the company, hence requires good decision-making and communication skills.
· Principal Data Analyst: As the name suggests, the Principal data analyst heads a team of many data analysts. They guide and help in making a decision.
What Are the Skills Required to Become a Business Analyst?
The major skills required to become a business analyst are:
· Analytical Skills: A business analyst should possess excellent analytical skills to identify problems and search the solutions through deep analysis of data.
· Communication skills: Communication bridges the gap between what we know and how we pass the information to others. Identifying and analyzing the information isn’t enough presenting the interpretation should be done effectively with good communication skills.
· Technical knowledge: Business analysts have basic technical knowledge and should be open to learning and upgrading their skills as per requirement.
· Business Acumen: An analyst should be aware of the business environment he is a part of. To upkeep with the changes and the upgrade required should be his forte.
· Problem-solving Skills: A solution can not be reached till you identify the problem and the consequences in the early stage. A business analyst should be at par with problem-solving.
· Attention to Detail: Details can make or destroy any task, an analyst should pay keen attention to details while analyzing to effectively solve a problem.
· Adaptability: A business analyst should be open to adapting any changes at any point in the best interest of the business.
· Interpersonal Skills: A business analyst should possess the ability to build relations with team members as well as outsiders to fulfill the needs of stakeholders.
· Time Management Skills: Only work done on time holds value. A business analyst should understand the importance of time and must be a pro at time management.
· Domain knowledge: A business analyst should be well aware of the situation and have complete knowledge of the domain in which the business operates. The knowledge increases with experience and time.
Outcomes of Business Analytics Courses
· Business analytics courses help you to master various skills and techniques to become a business analyst.
· Gain expertise to use various analytics tools and techniques related to data mining and analysis.
· Learn data visualization concepts for simplified understanding and presentation of data.
· Learn to develop dashboards, stories, maps, etc to withdraw business insights.
· Get the overview of descriptive and predictive analysis.
· Get expertise in text mining and customer sentiment analysis.
Some of the Recruiters for Business Analytics Graduates in India
Some of the top and well-renowned brands hire Business analysts passed out from the institutes mentioned for business analytics courses in Bangalore
Pay Scale After Business Analytics Course
You can grab a handsome package and a well-paying job after doing a business analytics Course. Usually, a business analyst earns anywhere from 3L-5L in the beginning stage as a fresher, however, the pay rises with experience and can easily scale up to 15L per year in India.
Recruiters pay for the skills and knowledge, if you are a fresher in the industry but have knowledge and expertise from previous work you will reap your benefits in monetary terms. It would not be wrong to conclude pay differs from person to person!
Future of Business Analysts
Business Analysts have a very promising future, given data is only going to increase with time and access to data is no hardball in the industry. Keeping that in mind the industry will always have space to hire more professionals to analyze data and retrieve useful information to the best of the business interest. Hence in the future, the opportunities are for sure going to expand.
FAQs About Business Analytics Courses in Bangalore
1. Is Business Analytics the right course for me if I don’t have mathematics in my Graduation?
Yes, for business analytics there is no compulsion to any particular subject. It requires a basic knowledge of mathematics if you have good analytical skills.
2. Is there any entrance exam for admission to the business analytics Courses in Bangalore?
Yes, admission is usually taken based on entrance exams like XAT, MAT, CATetc. The candidate must qualify for any of the state or national-level examinations to be admissible in the course.
3. Is there any age limit to study Business Analytics?
There is no limit to learning, one needs to be a graduate and must have qualified for the entrance exam. That is the minimum criterion.
4. Is Placement provided by institutes after completing the Business Analytics Course?
Maximum Institutes provide placements for their students after completing the business analytics courses in Bangalore. However, it again depends on the Institute you are enrolled in and the type, of course, you are going for.
5. Can I enroll in the course if I have a gap year?
Yes, you can go ahead and enroll yourself. There is no restriction as such for a gap year or career break.
If you are a problem solver and tend to eye on a career with upscaling career opportunities then Business analytics Courses may be your true calling. Even if you are already in Bangalore or intend to relocate, the above-mentioned courses can be a game changer in long run. Identifying your true potential and opting for a career choice that offers you a chance to play on your strength and maintain the motivation to work every day and grow!!!
The potential of business analytics courses is not yet truly identified but it holds a lot of value. In the Future, it will cater to ample opportunities in the market. The flexibility and various choices of courses available are suitable for everyone, be it a fresher or a full-time employee looking for a career change or someone looking for a short-term course. Business analytics courses in Bangalore cover the needs of all potential candidates.
In terms of the salary offered it is best in class as compared to other domains. There will be no shortage of data nor there any shortage of analysts to retrieve information out of the raw data to the disposal of business. Future scenarios will be very bright in this career domain, so do take a look at the above-mentioned list of Business Analytics Courses in Bangalore.